If you follow me on Twitter or Facebook you’ll be aware that most of my world, of late has been consumed by a wee event we call WordCamp, or, more precisely, WordCamp Sydney 2012. Basically, I like WordCamps and so decided to get a group together to make one of our very own. That was in November… so fast forward to today when it’s 2 days out from the event and I’m sitting here (with a list of things still to do as long as my arm) thinking about you, and what you’ll think of this little event we’ve pulled together.
I truly hope you have a blast, that you meet and make friends who you’ll spend the time between this WordCamp and the next tweeting, Skyping and supporting as you play together in the WordPress space. I hope you’ll get tools to make your WordPress experience better, either as a user or as a designer/developer. I hope you’ll meet people who will help you grow your business beyond anything you could have dreamed or imagined. And, above all, I hope you’ll do everything you can to get everything you can out of this event.
I also hope you
- Be kind to one another
- Share what you know
- Ask questions about what you don’t know
- Help those who need help
- Won’t be afraid to be a n00b, we’ve all been one before
- Talk to people
- Listen to them too
- Tweet the heck out of everything you hear
- Take lots of pictures and share them with everyone
- Note that this event took 8 months to organise and was made by your community, not an events company so empathize before you criticise, and…
- You are part of the solution if there should ever be a problem
- Support the speakers, they’re users like you or me, not pro speakers, so applaud them like they’re rockstars… they are to us!
- Make friends
- Don’t go home with regrets – What do you want to do? Who do you want to meet? MAKE IT HAPPEN